News
Loading...

THE STRANGER (episode eight)

image
I stood there wondering where bala was, and though I screamed out his name but still he was nowhere to be found and most of his belongings were gone. I and Ayo caught a glance, and it was so obvious that we were both confused, we knew not what to do. I then looked at the boy and then Ayo said to me;
Ayo:  Kristen, let’s go in
Me:  Ayo, are you sure we should?
Ayo:  Yeah, let’s leave him outside and go in, we can’t run away from our house forever. When he is tired, he would leave.
      As we got in, it was about 2:30pm so I and Ayo tried our best to settle down. And as I made lunch, Ayo helped me with the dishes and it was exciting. Ayo had never done such, he believed a woman’s place is in the kitchen and women were made to be subjects to men. And even now that poverty bade us farewell, he stopped me from working and that thwarted my dreams and broke a better part of my confidence as a woman… But still I was scared, I couldn’t help but wonder what the strange boy did to bala. I couldn’t help but ponder over our safety, and I kept searching, I searched my self deeply as to the reason why a weird boy would choose our home as his abode. I wondered why we were the victims, I  kept ruminating on what we might have done wrong in the past to warrant such…
    And as we ate lunch, I and Ayo Sat in the sitting room on our two sitter couch and ate from the same plate. And even as we ate, we watched Ayo’s favorite show and as some of the scenes tickled us, we laughed so hard that we almost forgot all our troubles… But just because my mind wasn’t totally at rest, I kept bugging Ayo with diverse questions and sooner or later he said to me;
Ayo:  do you wanna check if he is still there? Or maybe he should come in so you can have the liberty to monitor him..
Me:  he can’t come in, I’ll rather just check up on him…
    As I opened the door to peep, I saw the strange boy seated on the same spot stiffly, diverse shades of fear found its instant residence in me. And as I closed the door immediately, I said to Ayo;
Me:  Ayo! Ayo! The young boy is still there o, what are we going to do???
Ayo: calm down dear, just calm down and let me think.
Me: please think o, this is becoming too much for comfort.
Ayo:  maybe we should alow him in,
Me:  No Ayo!
Ayo:  calm down Kristen…Maybe we should allow him in and show him some hospitality, take him out, get him some new clothes. Then we would take him to the children’s park or the motherless babies home and abandone him there. How about that?
Me: okay, that sounds like a very sensible idea…
 
    And as I opened the door and assisted the strange boy in, he smiled at me and this time I smiled back at him. Then I gave him food, and he ate with so much desperation and haste, and as I and Ayo watched him we kept wondering how hungry he was, and why he looked so dirty and tattered. When he was done eating, Ayo took him to the guest bathroom to give him an extensive wash but the strange boy looked sad as Ayo led him, and though I wasn’t in the bathroom I could hear the young boy scream, I could hear him cry uncontrollably and this gave me the duty to worry cause I had never seen him frown neither have I seen him cry…
      It was about 5:30 pm, so Ayo and I got ready, and cause the car was still bad, Ayo hired a cab. And as we went about our mission, fear gripped me, my heartbeat accelerated and my palms became sweaty. But, Ayo drew me close and said to me;
Ayo:  calm down Kristen, we would be fine honey.
     And though I tried, but I couldn’t help but think, I couldn’t tame the fear I felt…what if he knows our plan already? Could that be the reason he was crying? I asked myself those questions and more… Our first stop over was at the boutique, as we had no new clothes for the strange boy we chose to buy some. And as we got into the boutique and made a choice for him, he changed into it and I must confess he look beautiful in them, he looked totally different. I looked at him but this time he smiled not at me, he just kept staring. And as we left the boutique we headed to the children’s park, Ayo paid the cab man and we gave the strange boy the liberty to play diverse games and though he did, but still he smiled not he just kept up with the suspicious frown. And when Ayo and I felt he was distracted, we carefully and stylishly walked away hurriedly and as soon as we could, we got a cab and I must confess I felt so happy and relieved and it wasn’t just me, Ayo too. And to celebrate it, I and Ayo stopped by at an eatery for some snack and as we ate we made jokes about our ordeal and we laughed as hard as we could, we were so excited. He might have found another family, I thought…
   At about 8:30 pm, Ayo and I took a cab home and as we sat at the back seat we held on to each other closely just like the days of our beginning, we paid no attention to anything else but we stayed focused on each other like newly weds. Hmmmm, I cannot tell exactly what happened. But it was 8:50pm exactly 20minutes after, there was an accident and we were the victims…
  
Written by Alluringpiece
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment