News
Loading...

THE STRANGER (episode nine)

image
I felt slight pains as I slowly opened my eyes to reality and there I was on the hospital bed looking helpless. And as I turned to the left, I saw mama sitting right beside me, with her eyes closed and her hands put together even as she prayed in tears. And then I struggled to say;
Me:  mama,
Mama:  oh Jesus I thank you!…how are you? How are you feeling?
Me:  Am fine mama, What happened?
Mama:  it was an accident, and you and Ayo have been unconscious for two days, when they called me, I was so scared, so I came yesterday…
Me:  How is Ayo? Is he fine?
Mama: ( as tears rolled out of her eyes) They said Ayo was in a more critical condition and so they had to perform a surgical operation on him immediately and since
then he has been in a comatose state, I really don’t know what to do. But I know my God would save him, I would not bury my son…
   As tears found its way out of my eyes, I became instantly lugubrious and perplexed. Nothing must happen to Ayo, I thought. And when the doctor came in to check up on me, he said to me;
Doctor:   welcome back madam (as he checked me) we would just run a test or two on you and also some scans to be sure you didn’t incure any internal injury.
Me:  Alright doctor, how is my husband? Is he gonna be fine?
Doctor:  we can only hope and pray madam…
    What offence did we commit, where did we go wrong? Would Ayo be fine? I asked myself diverse questions even as I got soaked in thought, then the doctor said to me;
Doctor:  This letter was dropped for you and your husband this morning (as he handed it over to me).
Me:  who dropped it?
Doctor:  I can’t really say, the securityman gave one of the nurses but I’ll make enquiries on that for you.
Me:  Alright then, ermm please can I see my husband?
Doctor:  sure you will, but you have to rest a little first…
       As the doctor left, and mama excused herself to go check on Ayo to see and be sure he was still fine. I picked up the letter, and opened it and it went thus;
Sadness bringeth forth an unpalatable atmosphere but through sadness some gaineth joy. Daily, Daily, Daily we ask questions and Daily, Daily,Daily some get answers. I bring you joy in exchange for beautiful-sadness, for it is all your unconscious self desired but I left you in no ignorance, I taught you and brought to your understanding diverse lessons, so that the last days be sweeter and that your cravings be not void. Here are the lessons I taught you;
I taught you to smile, even in fear, even in confusion, even in rage, SMILE
I taught you to love again, I ‘re-arranged the broken.
I taught you friendship, I taught you companionship, I taught you pain, I brought you romance, I taught you communication, I taught you oneness, I taught you fear. All this I taught you and more…
But now my time is up, and the reason for my coming is accomplished, now I take my leave but I leave not without a price for right from the beginning it has always been “Beauty For Ashes”  (smile)
Musterion
Confusion took over me, and at the same time fear gave me no space to think. I kept repeating ” beauty for Ashes” but I couldn’t figure it out, and though I knew it was from the stranger I knew not what to do… I pressed the buzzer and as one of the nurses came in, I pleaded with her to take me to Ayo, if it means pushing my bed there or changing my room please take me to him I said… When I saw Ayo fear gripped me, he looked like he was in a critical state. And even as I cried the tears of bitterness, I asked God to save him. Mama cried along, even as we prayed… I watched him all night, like he was gonna die if I took my eyes off him and though I took some tests and scans earlier I knew I was fine and All I wanted was Ayo, I wanted him back. And though mama was sleeping and the nurse on duty came twice to cajole me to go to bed, I didn’t bulge I just kept my eyes fixed on Ayo and in no time she came with the doctor and he said to me;
Doctor:  madam, I didn’t want to tell you this now but I guess am forced to. The tests showed that you are pregnant, you really need to rest please…
Alluringpiece
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment