After spending two hours of our life’s being brutalized by tattered looking policemen and being locked up in a dilapidated cell full of Animalistic looking humans, we were released and because we couldn’t bear the thought of being thrown back into the cell we embraced the stranger like he was our long lost son and we concented to the fact that we had mental issues, Ayo even attested to the fact that we met in a psychiatric hospital just so they could let go of us…can you imagine?…
Despite the rage we felt, irrespective of the pain we went through in the police cell, and not minding the aggression and brutality, I and Ayo still had a major connection. I placed my head on his laps as we sat in the cell looking helpless, and even as they questioned us and made attempts to rashly force us to accept a child of whose origin we knew not, Ayo held my hands tightly and tried in varying ways to ensure that I remained calm…For the first time we spoke together about a problem rather than avoid each other, for the first time that year we had a peaceful and productive conversation, and for the first time that year Ayo said to me Soto voce that he loves me and that he would do everything to ensure that we are fine…so I guess am free to say that though the time we spent at the police station caused us to incure physical bruises, but still it healed the soul of a bit of its cravings and it put a smile or two on our faces…
As we left the police station with the stranger, Ayo said to me;
Despite the rage we felt, irrespective of the pain we went through in the police cell, and not minding the aggression and brutality, I and Ayo still had a major connection. I placed my head on his laps as we sat in the cell looking helpless, and even as they questioned us and made attempts to rashly force us to accept a child of whose origin we knew not, Ayo held my hands tightly and tried in varying ways to ensure that I remained calm…For the first time we spoke together about a problem rather than avoid each other, for the first time that year we had a peaceful and productive conversation, and for the first time that year Ayo said to me Soto voce that he loves me and that he would do everything to ensure that we are fine…so I guess am free to say that though the time we spent at the police station caused us to incure physical bruises, but still it healed the soul of a bit of its cravings and it put a smile or two on our faces…
As we left the police station with the stranger, Ayo said to me;
Ayo: what are we going to do now? What’s the solution?
Me: I don’t know Ayo, should we go straight to the pastors house?
Ayo: let’s not go like this, we look dirty and bruised…Okay, let’s go home, freshen up, drop the boy with bala and lodge at a hotel for a day or two, then we can plan our next line of action, we can Even visit the pastor and he would help in guiding us on what we should do…
Me: that’s not a bad idea, at least we would we be able to think carefully and relax also. But won’t he hurt bala?
Ayo: No, I don’t think bala is his target.
Me: Okay then, if you say so…
And as we took a cab home, I looked at the stranger yet again and he smiled at me and when we got home; I and Ayo freshened up and packed few things, and on our way out we dropped the young boy with bala and we gave him enough money for their upkeep and though I expected some reluctance from bala as to staying with the strange boy, but I guess the petty cash involved bought all his fears…
After a lot of deliberation, I and Ayo finally settled for Aldgate congress hotel and when we checked into the room I couldn’t tuck in the smiles that flooded my lips. It was beautiful, I and Ayo had never been to any of its kind. It was exotic, classy, cozy and lovable. Even the sheets on the bed were seraphically colourful, the bath looked so much like a Jacuzzi and I loved the way every bit of the room had a distinct touch of blue. I cannot totally explain how grossly beautiful it was…As I and Ayo settled in, we fell more in love with the hotel and it’s services. That night I and Ayo had a 35 minutes swim at the pool, and we got to meet and chit chat with other couples at the bar right beside the pool. It was awesome!…we laughed, and talked, we had drinks and there was enough music to take over the atmosphere, and at that moment we forgot all our problems and ordeals. And at about 8:30pm I and Ayo retired to our room and decided to give each other a hot water massage to relieve us of the few bruises incurred from the police station, but I must confess it was soothing, it felt good, so relieving and calming and after the massage I and Ayo spoke that night like kids, we laughed at the days experience and then cuddled each other to sleep. I was loving every bit of it, it felt like we were gradually falling back in love with some kinda unexplainable energy, I can’t explain it but it was exciting, the feeling was intense…
We woke up the next morning the 31st of December 2007, yeah the last day of the year. And as I and Ayo got engaged in some romantic conversation, we heard a knock on the door…
After a lot of deliberation, I and Ayo finally settled for Aldgate congress hotel and when we checked into the room I couldn’t tuck in the smiles that flooded my lips. It was beautiful, I and Ayo had never been to any of its kind. It was exotic, classy, cozy and lovable. Even the sheets on the bed were seraphically colourful, the bath looked so much like a Jacuzzi and I loved the way every bit of the room had a distinct touch of blue. I cannot totally explain how grossly beautiful it was…As I and Ayo settled in, we fell more in love with the hotel and it’s services. That night I and Ayo had a 35 minutes swim at the pool, and we got to meet and chit chat with other couples at the bar right beside the pool. It was awesome!…we laughed, and talked, we had drinks and there was enough music to take over the atmosphere, and at that moment we forgot all our problems and ordeals. And at about 8:30pm I and Ayo retired to our room and decided to give each other a hot water massage to relieve us of the few bruises incurred from the police station, but I must confess it was soothing, it felt good, so relieving and calming and after the massage I and Ayo spoke that night like kids, we laughed at the days experience and then cuddled each other to sleep. I was loving every bit of it, it felt like we were gradually falling back in love with some kinda unexplainable energy, I can’t explain it but it was exciting, the feeling was intense…
We woke up the next morning the 31st of December 2007, yeah the last day of the year. And as I and Ayo got engaged in some romantic conversation, we heard a knock on the door…
0 comments :
Post a Comment